Funny Memory Story

Apr 1, 2010
Yes my memory sucks, and it seems to have gotten even worse.  Listen to my tale and be your own judge.

Sunday morning I have a monthly meeting at 10am that goes until 11am or so.  Well this last Sunday was no different, it got out around 11:15 and I get asked by the clerk, secretary, I don't recall his title...but Bro Mike asked if hubby and I would say the prayers in Sacrement.  I then proceed to say "can't hubby say both of them? I really hate getting in front of people, they scare me too much" and so on.  So after a few moments of banter I accept to have us say the prayers. 

12:00 I go home, eat something cause I'm STARVING, wait for hubby to return from fast offerings proceed to go to church at 12:45.

1:00 I'm in YW, teach class.
2:00 have my YW presidency meeting, meet our new closet (which we've been highly anticipaiting for about 6 months now and start forming plans on when to move closets)
2:45 go to Sacrement, sit down on our bench.  Hear the announcement of my name saying the opening prayer..."Oh Crap" I tell no lie, it was a verbal oh crap moment and the lovely Mrs. B who sits in front of me laughs, as I proceed to inform her I completely forgot we were doing the prayers and I haven't even told hubby.  Mind you, Mrs. B was in the morning meeting with me and heard me get asked to say them.

So, how GREAT is my memory, huh!

2 comments:

angie said...

i have the worst memory ever! i am starting to obsess about it a bit! i so would have done this too!

Mike W said...

Hey Nicole I just got word of the good news. Congrats to you guys. That's awsome. You are going to be a great mom. Heck you took care of a group of grown men (aka big babys) for so long you have plenty of practice. Lol. I am really happy for you guys.