Yes, we are still alive & kicking

Apr 1, 2010
I've decided I must be horrible at sharing news.  Since I don't see many things changing at our house I don't think there's any news worth sharing.  Granted, my stomach is getting bigger and we're both still avidly working at avoiding the reality that in a month and a half (or so) we'll be parents...at least I am.  yet a part of me still thinks that I'm a child myself...I'm never gonna grow up!!  Yet in the same respect I'm also attempting to slowly get things ready for Little One.  Sadly I think its been too slow as I've had the room "almost" empty for many months now.

BUT...hold your horses and sit back down...we did order our crib and it should be in town in a week or there abouts.  OK, so I truly forgot when we actually ordered it and shipping takes 7-14 days to arrive.  Sooo maybe next week we'll have a crib in the room instead of just a bassinet and an ironing board and a few outfits hanging in the closet.

I arrived yesterday at work with a present on my desk and I believe my reaction was the wrong one.  So sorry guys!  Instead of being excited and jumping for joy I shrugged away from it, pretending it wasn't there.  I'm still in denial with a few things, if you haven't noticed.  So Thank You for the gift!!!  We now have a play pen we can lock little one in.

I also learned what "you're right on track" meant from our Doc.  Apparently when they measure your stomach, the measurement is considered normal if you're within 2 numbers (inches I think it is) either higher or lower than the current week your on.  So yesterday was our 34 week check up (WOW I know) and we measured within the appropriate ranges to be considered normal.  No idea what the measurement was, but we're still normal.  Then we heard the heartbeat and were sent on our way.  Which is about the just of our latest string of appointments.  We'll see what the next one brings.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

They actually measure your uterus in centimeters not inches. Otherwise it would mean your were having one ginormous baby :)