Somewhat good news today

Feb 6, 2008
This last couple of weeks have been very stressful and painful for me at work. The reorganization of my Division has left the office void of salesmen/managers. Leaving myself and another admin in the office. Just this week we learned that most if not all of our current duties will be moving to the Arizona office. Leaving us with not much to do. Which is leaving my days very empty of work, and is driving me crazy. I am trying my best to hold onto my hope that everything will be better and all I need is to have patience. But a part of my brain is getting louder and louder asking how much patience it will take, and how long can I stand not being busy at work....

Yet fate steps in right as I'm losing hope. A visiting salesman from Arizona has brightened my day and reassured my outlook with the office. My wish is that I can hold onto what he said and continue to have a happier attitude while at work. It has to mean something when he comments that during the meetings my name is mentioned quite often as a valuable employee. Yet if I'm so valuable why can't they inform me as to what is happening or what will happen with the office or changes.

Also, a prior post of mine...Meanie am I...has no meaning now as the helper has been moved back to full time status. I'm still not sure why, but it seems that it no longer matters that I can't keep her busy, let alone myself. Long story short, the multiple offices of my work, 3 in California, Denver, Chandler and SLC are now being combined into one office. We will still have the different locations but we all affect each other's profit. Kinda seems like a good thing, but I worry that a lot of admins might be downsized if the admin work is being moved to centralized locations.

Anywho, I'd best try and find something to keep me entertained so I can at least feel like I worked today.

2 comments:

angie said...

now you'll have more time to blog - just kidding - it stinks not feeling busy enough...

catherine said...

Wow, it sounds like you are definitely in the middle of a big change. I always have a hard time with change. I hope you get along better. Good luck