I'm a Slacker, but for a good reason

May 18, 2010
So I'm a HUGE slacker but I do have a good reasoning for it.  Actually a couple of reasons. 

1. I've been getting little sleep
2. I've been instructed by the doc t =o stay away from stairs & sadly downstairs is where the computer is 3. I'm typing one handed & getting somewhat fast at it...not entirely accurate but faster
AND finally
4. Did I mention I gave birth recently to a beauty?  Granted its been a bit since she came, but still she's here isn't that enough?

So, here's the scoop.  I started having contractions in the early hours of 7th.  I honestly didn't think they were real contractions, granted it hurt enough that I cried AND they were coming every 5 minutes or so by the time hubby was ready to go to work.  Unfortunately for me Hubs forced me to go to the hospital...just in case he said, I'd rather hear they were false contractions before going into work.

Crappy for me they weren't false, but the upside, can I say it? I'm gonna anyway...Epidurals are wonderful!!! 

We got to the hospital about 9am, Doc came & broke my water at 11am, she appeared at 3:19pm.  Mind you, when Doc first checked us out he did give the option of going home, but promptly added that I'd be back later because she's coming no matter what.  If I stayed the upside was I could get the epidural faster...so of course we chose to stay.  Granted we came with only a bag, no cameras aside from our phones.  That was how sure I was that this was not the day she would be arriving.

So, in a nutshell we have a new wee one!!!  She weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces, 20 inches long and has (according to the doc & nurses) LONG eyelashes and LONG red hair.

Once I figure out how to do a slide show I'll post more pictures of her.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

She is so absolutly beautiful! Congratulations, I can't wait to meet her! :)

Dad and Mom R said...

and need i say it again you guys are wonderful and grandpa and grandma or so proud of all 3 of you..

Sarah Jean said...

Babies as so wonderful - I can't wait to meet her in person. Congrats you two.

Susan said...

Perfect beautiful girl!

Jessica said...

She is so beautiful!!! Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well for you and your new bundle. I love her name, granted I am partial to Marie because it is my middle name and Indie's too. Love it. I love that you call her Tori, that is adorable. Good luck over the next sleepless months!!!