This last Sunday we had a meeting with the Bishop. Little did I know the callings he had were for the both of us. The whole time I thought this was a meeting specifically for hubby and I was along just for moral support.
Little did I know!!
To my horror I am now a relief society teacher, hubby is a young men assistant and the both of us are the Activities Chairmen.
My dismay was mainly being a teacher to "gasp" adults!! I can handle children and youg women but adults are an entirely different mattter. Then Bishop tried to console me by telling me what they originally had in mind...a cub scout leader...but it wasn't able to fit my schedule they decided. I'd much rather have had that!!! I would have made it work, I know I could!!
The largest scare factor for me is being in front of people trying to teach things that I feel inept at. Hence teaching adults is very scary because I'm still a child in my minds eye. Those of you snickering just stop...I still feel and sometimes act like a child. Besides you can come teach me!!
The activities is no problem. Sadly I revert to childish activities, like sledding and behold we have grandparents I need to think of!! Bishop would like to have 4 activities a year for the adults. So he says, part of me thinks that at least 2 of them will be for the whole ward but who knows. We may only do one activity and decide its too much for us, but I doubt it.
Besides, enough about me, what callings do you fear? Is it teaching like me?
7 years ago
4 comments:
Wow, you are I are the same people. I just got the same calling (week 3) and felt the exact same way. I have done it twice now and decided that I am not teaching I am just facilitating. I try to ask enough questions that they do all the talking. Best of luck - what week do you do?
Thats the hard part, I've only gotten the calling and told I'll be teaching once a month...nothing else. Maybe next Sunday I'll learn more.
Yikes! They tried to give me that calling but I told them I'd pass out!! I'm sure you'll be great! I miss you!!
You'll be amazing - because you are amazing. I'm in Young Women right now and it is busy!
Post a Comment