Friendships are a wonderful thing. They can be traumatizing, glorious, and tiring not to mention many other aspects that my mind is not thinking of.
Looking back on the many different friends I’ve had has made me realize that I am horrible at keeping in touch with people, let alone my family. I can count on one hand friends that I’ve been close to, that have helped me through the hardest times of my life. Some are gone; others I've lost touch with, yet others are still near. The saddest part is those that still live relatively close...in Utah... I don't reach out and keep in touch with them. Somehow as I was going through life my mind interpreted talking to people and asking questions as being intrusive, and is should not be done. I am trying to break this habit, but it’s not going very well.
I have two friends who recently had a child, and still I have not gone to visit them. I keep saying…well I don’t have their address besides they wouldn’t want a visitor with a new baby…which a part of my mind believes yet the other part is screaming as loud as it possibly could (mind you it is barely heard) that its malarkey!! People love having visitors, and they don’t consider them a nuisance. Yet again the louder portion of my mind says that.
I would like to say thank you to all my friends, and my family. You mean so much to me and I am so thankful that they stick with me. Both during the easy times of life and they trying ones which I tend to hide I would love to say I’ll be better and call at least each month, or write, but I’d hate to disappoint anyone. But I will try, I won’t promise anything but I’ll try.
7 years ago
2 comments:
I have noticed that i tend to do the very same thing. I have good friends that i just dont keep in touch with for no reason at all. good luck breaking bad habbits and way to go in recognizing that you do it and taking a step to change. p.s. i love the new layout!
Thanks, I was needing a change...but I do have 4 others I like too so it may bounce between them all.
Post a Comment