Lost Creek

Jun 1, 2009
I just love Lost Creek! Hubby was kind enough to let us go camping this last weekend instead of trying to fly somewhere or drive somewhere. When you haven't decided still were you're going on a vacation until you're already supposed to be on vacation I say go camping!!

We got up there Friday afternoon, cut some wood and decided to set up camp. Not even 5 minutes after tent is set up does it start raining. An hour later we emerged to a wet landscape, but the beaver dam was just lovely when it was still sprinkling. Too bad I didn't bring my camera out into the rain, maybe next time.

Saturday was a more eventful day! Our family was coming up to join us and hang out! Sadly the rain had another thought for us and decided to start raining around 3pm. We still had lovely dutch oven lunch under out canopy then decided to call it a day around 6 when it was still raining and didn't look like it was stopping anytime soon.

So maybe we'll do another adventure of camping over the weekend at Lost Creek seeing as it is a new month!

Eventually I'll get some pictures posted, but it was very cool, the beaver dam had like 20 fish in it! I promise, hubby even caught one! He was a good guy and threw the fish back into the creek though. Said it wasn't big enough for dinner and maybe next weekend he'll catch the big one we saw.

0 comments: