We've decided Houdini has a death wish. Whenever we wander to the pond to "check" on our tenants. Houdini is always missing. Half the time he's under a rock which is only half covered with water or living with the plantlife again. I think he secretly wants to be a plant!
Its just strange, but sadly I don't think he'll last much longer, as I think he also has a death wish. Always trying to be where there is no water!! Whats wrong with him, he's not an air breather...stupid fish. Aside from that he has a sorts of white fuzziness to him and decided since we thought he was missing for 2-3 weeks it may be kinder to let him go. So we aren't treating him, but I can't get the exectioner thought in me enough to drag him out of his wet environment and truly let him die...or squish him with a rock or plant he so loves. Instead I'll let the fuzziness get him. Which I think it already has as of this morning...he was floating inside a plant base all covered in fuzz not moving at all.
Its a good thing goldfish are so cheap! But I grow fond of the winter survivors. The nice side of all the fish going to fish heaven is one is a lot easier to catch than 15 or how ever many we had.
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment