Tuesday I went to the relief society birthday event thinking I need to talk to people about Friday anyways, its as good a time as any.
When I arrive, Lo & Behold!! it wasn't my ward's event this week it was the 1st ward...known as my old ward.
As I'm walking to the gym thinking...maybe we're sharing the gym today...I see the Food Storage Lady whom I needed to talk to anyway about the Granola I was purchasing and also own. Sadly I have no idea what to do with the granola, let alone how long it lasts.
So I stayed, and stayed, and visited, and participated. I ended up back home around 9.
It was an enjoyable evening, getting to see the friends in my old ward and sad at the same time. I realized that wards are a good social network and when it changes its like those friends are lost. It takes an effort now to visit them and see how they're doing instead of the weekly meeting on Sunday.
I realize I really suck at that! I have a hard time checking up on people let alone remembering names when I truly want to. Oh, the names are in my head all right, they just play hide and seek with me ALL THE TIME! Only when I'm readying myself for night night will they pop out and go "found me!!" Highly annoying...but very true with my mind.
So next week is when my wards activity is, and I hear it will be as much fun as the other activity. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll break out of the shell I live in and actually talk with people! On a consistent basis too!
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment