Fishies

Sep 14, 2008
Today is yet again a sad day for fishies...I've been expecting this to happen for the last couple of days but I couldn't help but hope little whitey would pull through. It turned out that Whitey had something called "ick" and we just didn't get him treated fast enough. When I checked on him this afternoon he was stuck to the pump and looked a little bloated. Sadly he is not the only one who has this horrible "ick". I'm hoping that we will be able to have the pond treated in time to save the others. With luck things will work out and we won't have too many more fish kick the watery grave.

On a brighter note...we have plants in our pond!! We bought two water lily pads, one in the large pond and one in the wee pond. We also have another type of lily that produces flowers in the summer but otherwise looks like really long grass...one plant will have a black purplish flower while the other does red, and we have a small tree type plant that also sits in the large pond.

0 comments: