We have had our bikes now for three days and feeling young is an incorrect statement. The plan of biking to get in shape has some definite drawbacks and I would call them feeling sore, old and out of shape. When I was a child it was very easy to ride “One gear” it was that easy. How in the heck do you manage 24, my car only has 6 and works just fine. We have learned about upgrades for our bikes and made the first required upgrade out of complete necessity. The seats had to go, this was an easy decision since we decided sitting on some kind of padding was essential. I wouldn’t even place the seats they came with in any type of category except painful. Calling them seats would be a generous and very false statement. I would take a good lashing from my folks over sitting on those “things” again.
Our rides are starting out small and hopefully one day we will be able to circle our entire block once maybe even twice but I am not holding my breath. Joking aside currently our rides are about a half hour in length and will most likely grow from there.
Since buying our bikes we have been back to the bike shop every day. I could say financing a small village or country would be cheaper and produce a larger reward in the long run. My only hope for this week is we do not have to go back to the shop for anything else. The Wife however enjoys wandering the shop and finding more items to buy. I shall draw the line on spandex shorts, man was not meant to wear them, I don’t care if it will enable me to do mach 10 down a hill. The person who came up with it probably did it as a joke and laughs all the way to the bank.
Thank you and good night, I’ll be here all week and don’t forget to try the veal.
7 years ago
2 comments:
You made me lol. Thanks so much for that. May your rides be plentiful and your bottoms be comfy.
the last time I rode a bike ( i think at 40 something) I hit a bump flew over the bars and landed spread eagled on the pavement, sliding as if in to first, but leading with my chin. Can you believe I keep wanting to get on a bike again. Good luck to you and your biking adventures. Pat's wife Jessie, bikes up to 50 miles daily and sometime the winde blows her right off the bike - I guess that's really loving biking.
Post a Comment