Have you ever had days that you just see red, wherever you look. It seems that those days are happening more and more often in regards to my work. Somehow its all in regards to my newly hired helpers, yes their titles are actually "Helpers".
For example, a phone message I had late Sunday night..."Hey Nicole this is Helper, bossman told me I had a class tomorrow morning and I was just checking with you to see what my itinerary was, can you call me back"
Mind you, Bossman is the Operations Manager, and I am the office manager. So it seems very rational that what his boss tells him is correct. Sadly this capper doesn't agree and double checks things with me, hence my URGH!!
For those that don't know, background of my work history. I have been working at Layne (a drilling outfit) for the last 10 years. Started as a lowely file clerk and took over positions as those above me left, so I do all in the office but bid the jobs and order materials for those jobs. Sadly the new people we hire don't realize that any questions regarding payroll or insurance I handle, anything else they go through Bossman as he is their boss.
Who knows, they have to learn eventually right? The best I can do is hope.
7 years ago
2 comments:
Patience, Patience, Patience... tell me more about you blog... when is it going public.... the colors seem kinda dark don't they... love you guys and keep up the good work DA
Take the advice of your pa, patience and paste a smile on your face even if you want to stangle them. Love ya, Kim (+=
Post a Comment